Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tip for System Admins: Install XMarks

Do you manage a lot of servers and rely on web based documentation, configurations, and multiple system/server websites?  If you answered yes to any of those then you might want to consider installing XMarks on your server.

Xmarks stores bookmarks on their servers and allows you to synchronize them down to your browser.

I have a fairly good list of about 30 complex URLs that I need access to when I login to each of the servers I work on.  Manually keeping them up to date and synchronized is a pain.  But that pain is gone thanks to Xmarks - I just installed a new server and immediately have access to all of my configuration and documentation URLs!
Thanks Xmarks!!!!

http://www.xmarks.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good. I do manage lots of servers but never installed XMarks. I find there is a great use of this utility as it will allow to store bookmarks and will synchronize them to the browser. Cheers for sharing the link.
    sap erp download

    ReplyDelete