Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oracle WebCenter E2.0: Bunny Marketing

When I first found the Oracle E2.0 channel on YouTube I was as PSYCHED as an intranet or portal fan boy could be.  Being one of the many "continue and converge" customers I've been eager to see some screenshots, webinars, or video walk throughs of what Oracle WebCenter intranets look like in the wild.

When the first of the Bunny video's came out I only watched a few seconds because it didn't seem targeted to me.  I had some free time tonight <I'm lame> and watched the videos, and I'm still a little confused by them - although I have to admit the background music is really catchy:)  I like the idea of WebCenter having some type of mascot, and am thrilled to see that the WebCenter product marketing team has a sense of humor.

But, since every legacy portal customer will need to migrate to a new platform in the next few years I'd like to see a harder push. The video series, Twitter and Facebook are a great start in reaching out to the current customer community, but if I had a magic wand I'd consider a few more tricks:
  1. Host an Oracle E2.0 conference
    1. OpenWorld is so large that it becomes impossible to find and network with other E2.0 customers
    2. There aren't enough sessions on E2.0 products at OpenWorld.  To be blunt, 4 session on UCM, 4 on BPM, 2 on Beehive and 4 on WebCenter aren't enough - especially when half of them are technical and the other half are business oriented.
  2. Host a webinar series that shows customers using the product
    1. I've participated in a lot of webinars where folks talk about what the product does or how to make semi-sophisticated modifications, but for those customers that want to use as much out of the box as possible, how about some basic sessions for us?
    2. Webinars geared toward Continue & Converge products would be great also.  As a Plumtree customer I'd love to see how features from one product line up with the other.
  3. Build a community
    1. I'd love to see the E20 folks focus more on community building outside of Twitter/Facebook.  Something simple like facilitating an East/West Coast customer meeting every 6 months where customers can talk about their challenges and victories with the product. As a customer we found these types of sessions very beneficial back in the Plumtree days.
For those that haven't seen the videos, enjoy!
and post a comment to let me know what you think of them.

Bunny Inc. -- Episode 1. Mr. CIO meets Mr. Executive Manager


Bunny Inc. -- Episode 2. Mr. CIO meets Mrs. Sales Manager



Bunny Inc. -- Episode 3. Mr. CIO meets Mr. Marketing Manager



Bunny Inc. - Episode 4. Mr. CIO meets Mrs. Finance Manager



Bunny Inc. - Episode 5. Mr. CIO meets Mr. Product Development Manager

2 comments:

  1. These videos are really very interesting, background music caught my attention. And its a good way to reach to current customer by passing these humorous videos. But the ideas that you have suggested are far better than these videos, I am impressed.
    sap upgrade testing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The principal advantage that marketing by video gives you, revolves around allowing you a niche audience who is more excited about watching than they are about reading content.

    social media for schools

    ReplyDelete