Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Interact Intranet: Renaming "My Page" to "My Profile"

One of the default pages setup in the out of the box Interact Intranet installation is a "My Page" link.  The destination page has information that, to me, is typical of a profile so this post documents how to change that page name.


Step 1) Change the page name
  1. While in the "Home" area, select "Manage Menus" from the Administration options.
  2. Click on the "My Profile" menu item
  3. Change the Link Name and click the save button
Unfortunately the "My Page" terminology is more pervasive, displaying within the People Directory as well.

Step 2) Change the system text
  1. Navigate to the Administration-> Site Admin -> Control Panel - Manage System Text area
  2. Click on the corresponding language you wish to change
  3. Search for: My Page
  4. A single entry should return which points to: SYSTEXT/INTERACT/CONTROLS/NAVIGATION/SIDEMENUS/MODULES/DIR/STAFFDIRECTORY/MYPAGE
  5. Change the value from My Page to My Profile
If you go to the People Directory you'll notice that the link has now changed and you should be done with this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment